FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying a few United Flights after 19 years of avoidance
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:09 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Flying a few United Flights after 19 years of avoidance

I decided to forgive my past experiences and fly a few flights again with United and see what I thought
Once upon a time I was a loyal Premier Executive and 1k customer depending on the year.
The first thing I noticed was how angry and hostile the check in agents were at O'hare.All I did was attempt check in @ the Premier area
They made AA agents look like stars. The United supervisor was reprimanding her team members loudly in front of customers.They disliked each other to say that politely
Lowly plebeian Silver here Complimentary of Marriott
They let all of us there know to use the kiosk which I did.Once the bag tag was spit out an agent reluctantly agreed to assist.
She didn't even look at me in the eye just barked at me photo ID!! where are you going?!! I was glad to leave the area

On the other hand the gate agents were amazingly friendly can do and taking care of hundreds of passengers in the boarding area better than anything
I have seen at Alaska American or Southwest in years.I'll assume not the norm
In Tampa the check in agents were clearly untrained and incompetent.And Houston a mob scene
I tried to change flights was happy to pay and they said they had no idea how to modify change a ticket.
FAs were perfectly good as expected but one was so old I thought they were a senior passenger at first slowly making their way down the aisle .

On board I was surprised to see passengers upgrading to economy plus for free once the cabin doors shut and we were in the air.
FAs said nothing is that really allowed?
Think a few would have plopped down in First for free too but every seat was taken.
Kind of makes you never want to pay for it with the free for all on board