FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA new loyalty program - pls help with partner airline credit?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:04 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erdoran
I have spent 90 minutes on the phone with AA and even they don't understand their new program!!!! Please help! Here are two examples, what do I get for miles for each?

Example 1: RT PHL to SEZ on Qatar, business class, codes R and C. Legs are PHL-DOH. DOH-SEZ. Between DOH & PHL is an AA flight #,operated by QR. Between DOH & SEZ is a QR flight #. Airfare $4k, mileage (guessed, doesn't really matter, it's just an example) 5k PHL-DOH and 2k DOH-SEZ. How many loyalty points? Do I get credit for my $4k spend,RT mileage of 14k, or ?.

Would I do better looking into BA flights? Although their taxes & fees are insane!

Example 2: RT PHL to NAN, combination AA and FJ, business class. Legs are PHL-SFO (AA flight) and SFO-NAN (FJ flight with FJ flight #). Ticket bought from AA website, $6k total fare. Mileage PHL-SFO 2.5k, SFO-NAN 5k. From my read on this one I get nothing for anything with the FJ flights, I would only get credit for the AA flights. is that right?

Bonus question - does it matter where I buy my ticket, between buying directly from AA or from Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel, as far as AA loyalty points go?

HELP! I don't want to do these bookings until I understand if I'm getting mileage from them, or if I should look at other options/airlines for these trips (not that I really have very many).

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. It's sad that AA can't answer even Example 1 - this was rep #3 in Aadvantage customer service who didn't even seem to understand my question, then said she had to check and put me on hold. 20 minutes later I gave up waiting!!
1. Look at the chart for the marketing carrier.

2. Don't forget your elite bonus.

3. That's it.

Phew! That was easy.