FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:17 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
If your flight is boarding in 15 minutes and there are 20 people in line for the club, effectively you have been turned away, as you have been denied the ability to use the club (e.g., for a quick bite on a connection, or after a meeting), unless of course you want to miss/change your flight. It's not hyperbolic, although it's probably not all that frequent an occurrence either.
I responded to someone saying that prioritizing access on the rare occasions there is a line means the Skyclub benefit "more than likely will not be able to use" That is hyperbolic.
​​
if your position is that immediate Skyclub access is guaranteed, without any wait, I'm not sure what to say. Even before 2020, there were times when the wait for an agent to check in was more than 5 minutes, which would make it a poor use of a 15 minute connection. And I dont ask for a refund of my credit card fee if my connection means my gates are far apart and not close to a Skyclub. Places get crowded. Sometimes you have to wait. Sometimes you miss out on the cheese cubes. The difference of one or two diamonds going ahead of you probably won't be the difference.