FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority screening at LHR as BA Gold/OWE vs VS Upper Class?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:10 pm
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Not at all.

Where failings are identified, the member of staff is subject to a progressive performance review process, with the opportunity to receive further training / coaching and for a period to be monitored on the job to varying degrees. This process can eventually result in termination, but that's quite rare and the whole point of the process is to help the individual concerned reach the agreed performance targets.

We do not have the "fire at will" culture of the USA !
Originally Posted by stifle
That's not correct, a failure to spot contraband on an audit will result in a potential disciplinary and retraining, as well as potential increases in the percentage of bags/people that need to manually screened at that terminal for a while. There would need to be several failures by an individual for it to escalate to losing their job.
Yeah I should reread my sources before I post. What I originally wrote was based on this

Originally Posted by LHRGoon
The DofT only care when the one bags goes through the security machines. Once past you are allowed to take them out. ICTS is the company that used to do the FCC. They were fired for being incompetent.
from this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/7651556-post104.html

My memory conflated the ICTS with staff, apologies for any confusion caused.