FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The South Korea COVID-19 thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:46 pm
mikesaidyes

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by Andrew Kim
I have a decision to make. I'm 99.99 certain now that my mid-July GMP-HND-LAX will get cancelled on account of GMP-HND remaining closed. And it will remain closed despite all the rosy news articles from May; all the signs are there. JL reducing inventory to Thurs & Suns only - they did the same for June before scratching the entire month. HND-LAX is running but it's impossible to get there from where I start.

Kind of mad at JL honestly and their delusional optimism. NH has been more conservative between them and their restart date is September.

I did get an insurance flight (far less desirable) expecting JL cancellation notice any day now, but would anyone know whether if JL initiates the cancel (instead of the passenger) that they would attempt to reroute you somehow, possibly through ICN and NRT? I don't see how that could happen, with the lack of oneworld partners flying out of ICN and the same-day transit restriction at NRT, but was wondering.
From all the reports, people get their JL flight cancelled at the LAST minute and are rebooked on crappy overnight layovers at NRT that can't be done etc. So, I would proactively cancel it yourself and find your own re-routing to be safe.

Heck, I met a tourist the other week who didn't know his JL flight got canceled (used Expedia) and had to be an entirely new ticket when he showed up at the airport.