FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When does OTA transfer full booking info to hotel ?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:39 pm
levilevi

Hi all - to close the loop on this, here is the post I made in the Cap1 Venture X forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34356775-post957.html

To update you all and warn - I called yesterday, 6/20, which is 11 days prior to check in - hotel front desk had nothing. Got concerned, but thought "maybe it wasnt sent over weekend/US Holiday" and called again this afternoon. Hotel had nothing. Called back to Cap1 Travel - the person had a different tune "we sent the hotel your booking info in May, when you booked it." But to this agent's credit, she called the hotel directly, and after a 15 minute hold (presumably while she waited herself on hold) she came back with a hotel confirmation number and when I asked what happened she said the hotel never seemed to get the original reservation info, but she directly booked again with the hotel while I was on hold.

Obviously this could be a one-off, and I'm sure that upon arrival this could have been sorted out, but much rather do it from my home, and not have tired family with luggage in the lobby doing this...

(I had posted a similar question in the general OTA thread - cross post - here's the link: When does OTA transfer full booking info to hotel ?, and will put a link to this there - Mods - feel free to determine if both shouldn't be there)