FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:54 am
ChurnieEls

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by cagiva92
Looking at a flight from JFK - LHR on AA next week. I am travelling with my partner. The plane a Boeing 777-300ER (77W) according to the AA website.

I am selecting seats (Coach only) and noticed that rows 41/42/43 have only two seats on each side instead of three. I would avoid 43 since seats may not recline. Is there anything wrong with 41A, 41C, 41J, 41L and the same in row 42?

These seats sound great for us as a couple to have our own space but not sure if I am missing a red flag/problem with them?
No they're perfectly fine, you might get some noise from the FA's in the galley depending on how chatty they are and the seats aren't quite as flush to the fuselage as the rows of 3 so that might matter if you sleep that way. You'll also be last off the plane, no big deal if London is your final destination but it can add some spice to connections. Personally I actually perfer the last row, there isn't much loss of recline and I can do it when I want without thought of the person behind me (I'm not the type of bum that reclines fully when someone is having their meal etc).

---

I do have a question here: two of my Web Specials were booked through ORD with a 2.5hr layover, AA have moved me to the later flight (original still exists) with a 1h10m layover. Is it possible to switch back? I will call them but just wanted some experiences in the back pocket before I do so, I wouldn't have booked a routing with an evening flight in thunderstorm season with a ~1hr international connection in ORD of all places.