FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Devalues Clubs - Makes sure they are packed beyond capacity.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:21 am
pseudoswede
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I gave a pass for a friend to use at ORD yesterday. He was unable to use it as they said that they’re not allowing guest passes. It was a chase one day pass, that expires in early July. Very unfortunate
My family and I used the ORD C16 club on Sunday morning around 9:45am. I used one of my Explorer card passes and two bought off eBay without issue. The club was already pretty full, but we were able to find three seats together quickly near the entrance--a decent number of single lounge chairs were also available. Around noon, I did hear someone say to "put the sign up", which I thought it meant no one-day passes allowed, but the club actually appeared to be less full than when we entered. That said, when we walked out around 1:30pm to head to T5, I didn't see such a sign near the entrance.

At one point in the morning, I did overhear one person arguing with the lounge attendant because the name on the membership card did not match the name on the boarding pass; the person asked for the attendant's name and said he was going to report her to corporate .

While the club was crowded, it wasn't horribly noisy or terrible--certainly better than sitting in the terminal. Also props to the bartender for known what a John Daly is (Arnold Palmer + vodka).