FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:22 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm surprised hearing about the Skypriority escalator being guarded. Thats something new indeed. And definitely not something that is happening all the time.

Originally Posted by HadesNL
***ahum : interesting as 7th July is already in 2 weeks

https://nos.nl/artikel/2433371-nog-g...chten-schiphol
---------
I bet airlines operating more than 1x a day frequencies might be asked to cancel flights.
In my mind concerning T3 this could mean impact on TK and BA...
Less than 14 days, so the whole compensation topic will start popping up. Is all of this "Unforeseen circumstances" or simply mismanagement that the industry has created themselves (and thus is responsible for)?

If KLM is supposed to cancel enough flights to reduce the number of 'excessive' pax by half, that still means that other airlines will have to account for the other half. While KLM has some more options by increasing the number of transfer pax, most other airlines won't be able to. So the larger *A and OW operators will have to reduce capacity greatly. And in order to not fly half empty aircraft I'm expecting to see flights being cancelled soon..

And also in that situation the question regarding passenger rights will come up. A whole bunch of nastyness with cancelled flights and unwillingness to rebook onto other carriers that are still operating is probably going to happen..