FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:52 am
Jzlerner

Originally Posted by nomad.imt
They may have in it record if you applied for ESTA. Think they have arrival but I can't remember now.
I doubt they'll get info from airline.
Thanks for the info. Just one point that I've picked up, ESTA is a 2 year long validity, no specific entry dates. The entry dates are provided to the US CBP by the airlines who then verify a valid ESTA is in effect. So I'm assuming that's how they know you're coming because the form and esta doesn't detail which dates

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Thanks, this is interesting and there does seem to be a pattern emerging here. My own situation will test this to the extreme, as I applied in early March but am next entering the US in early September - 6 months!
The truth is seeing as you have to do an interview anyway and can't use it first time you land, there isn't any difference to having conditional approval now or the day before you fly. So it probably does make sense for them to shelf your application and deal with the upcoming entry ones and then get back to yours at a later date.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 20, 2022 at 8:08 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.