FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:47 pm
EdmFlyBoi

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I'm not traveling today (as a matter of fact I'm not even in YXU), but I have a son on that flight. Hoping to connect to AC880. Slightly above 2 hours seemed like reasonable connecting time.
He arrived to the airport very early - he's saying that with his usual bad luck he has to do it even at YXU. He cleared security and is still waiting. It is 61 minutes past scheduled departure now.
As usual, AC was increasing the "scheduled" delay time. The biggest shock came after the inbound flight arrived. They announced that they don't have a captain...
So, with all the delays, they don't have a crew member available? How's that possible? The flight is boarded, but is sitting on the tarmac. And the clock for the connection at YYZ is ticking.
I don't know, it is becoming too much. How can we plan travel under conditions like this? Drive to YYZ and join the crap show there? The 401 isn't exactly predictable either. Switch to another airline? There's none...
Well Pearson is a disaster today so nothing is leaving on time from YYZ. The airport is so disorganised - they have people deplaning through a gate where they are trying to board an aircraft. It’s total mayhem.