FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Flight EWR-LHR
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:40 pm
MarkP24

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I took the 10pm flight this week -- we were delayed about an hour but the flight went out fine -- as they most always do! I know it's hard -- try not to stress too much about it there -- are hourly flights up until 11pm. As the others pointed out the day flight is also my favorite -- there is a caveat however -- if that flight takes a delay it can get dicey quickly as flights are not allowed to land at Heathrow past a certain time (IIRC 11:30pm, reopening for arrivals at 6am)-- so if the delay carries on too long they will have to cancel -- and you will then be on a red eye anyways. Fortunately it has been pretty reliable and to is by far the best option to me -- especially for business travel (which is the majority of my travel to the UK)....
Thanks! According to Flight Aware the 10 PM was only canceled once in the last 3 months, so it seems like a pretty safe bet, but who knows.....

Originally Posted by 757FO
Have a good trip. I'm sure the CA for august will be great, but he won't be me!
Are you EWR based?

Originally Posted by manstein58
August is usually worst for storms
I hope not.....

Originally Posted by econ
There’s an IAD-LHR day flight, but would have to take an even earlier EWR flight that morning to connect to it. Highly improbable there would be 4 J seats remaining though.
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes - especially since it's a fauxlaris flight on a 757....
The IAD- LHR doesn't seem to be a good option due to the need for an additional flight (I like going nonstop if at all possible, as the more flights, the more chance for IRROPS), and the Fauxlaris on the 757's