FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:37 pm
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I always eagerly check this thread whenever someone posts to it, in hopes that there might be some positive news from Marriott regarding the subject of this thread.

I recognize, of course, that the chances are minuscule. Yet there is always the (very slight) chance that through periodic repetition of this request, Marriott might come to its senses.

I am on the cusp of lifetime Marriott Bonv°y Platinum Elite status (in January 2023, presuming they don't increase the requirements before then ) and have already shifted our family's credit card and hotel spend to my wife's account so she can join me in 7 years.

If earning lifetime Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite status is not reinstated by then, I will shift my sights to lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond status and the Hilton Aspire AmEx card.
Frankly, there is not much, if any, difference between Platinum and Titanium. About a third of the time, they refer to my status as Platinum when I check in.