FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discount codes and bargain fares on LH/OS/LX/LO
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:26 pm
cas_de

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
A) I don't know, but I guess so since any pax 12 yrs and older counts as adult.

B) 200k M&M miles plus 200k miles from PB (plus a potential 25% transfer bonus, don't know if there's a cap to that) and the SEN overdraft will give you at least 450k M&M miles. Unless you really need the miles to requalify for SEN I would try to get 3 award seats. The SEN booking guarantee should work if you have some flexibility. 1 Adult @112k miles (or some more if you use the flex award @155k (?)), older kid gets a companion award @50% of the adult's miles and the younger kid (<12 years) gets the children award @75% of the adult's miles. Equals to 112k + 56k + 84k = 252 k for the standard award or 155k + 77.5k + 116.25k = 348.75k for the flex award. All flights need to be on LH, LX or OS, though, for these scenarios to work.

IIRC someone active on this forum was once able to claim the companion award in combination with a paid business class fare, but that might have been either a one off / lucky shot or no longer possible.

Alternatively - and enough award/upgrade space in I class being available you could also purchase PE E class fares and burn your 6 eVouchers upgrade all six longhaul segments to I. But that will be expensive and including some uncertainty.

Last edited by cas_de; Jun 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm