FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Devalues Clubs - Makes sure they are packed beyond capacity.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:39 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
And there's the people who don't know that the sign outside the club "No One Time Passes" means....NO ONE TIME PASSES.

At ORD on Saturday I was in line behind 14 people (which turned out to be 3x families of 4 + 1 young couple) to get scanned in and I had to listen to each on get the explanation "temporary club...no passes...members only...standing room only...no...sorry...can't sell you a pass..." and the follow-up objections/are-you-sure/but-we-won't-take-up-much-room. If I could hear it every time the agent explained it I'm really not sure why groups 2, 3, and 4 made her repeat herself but.....ARRRGH. (Also: Contrary to agent's bleak description, there was available seating for members which I appreciated)

Would be nice if the clubs did the self-boarding-gate thing (that I think I've seen at a few of the EU lounges) -- if you don't need assistance, just scan your BP and in. If the gate says no, see an agent.
LOL - because here in the US -- the rules don't apply to ME -- only to EVERYONE ELSE.... However, in their defense as a chase credit card holder -- they do make it seem like you can always use the UA club -- and I honestly believe that the chase pass holders don't think of it as a one time pass -- its a benefit of the card...