FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:12 pm
Bluekjp

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Irish lad
Belated commentary from a few weeks ago. Was doing a GOT turnaround for onward flight to SEA (the next day). Was able to check-in for outbound flight but (on separate booking as expected) the GOT-LHR would not work due to Verifly issues. It was my first time using Verifly (not a fan of apps and providing data but thought would make it easier in this instance) but documents were verified and got the green tick. However, online check-in provided the "documents need checked" message and would not allow me to proceed any further. I had left lots of time at the airport for LHR-GOT so explained my problem to the First Class check-in person. It took a while for her to understand (not surprisingly!) that I was going to GOT and then GOT-LHR-SEA on a separate booking. Initially there was a reluctance to assist as it would have to be done in Sweden. However, after some polite pleading - and informing that whole trip could not proceed if return boarding pass not provided before leave LHR - she tried to provide assistance. The first step was to check all the documents for the LHR-SEA flight and could see there was no problem on the system. We tried refreshing the app and even logging in to the website but still no joy at my end for online check-in. Eventually, she made a call, explained the problem and was given permission (or so it sounded) to login to the "Swedish system" and check me in from there. Seconds later I had my GOT-LHR and LHR-SEA boarding passes. I did of course thank her profusely for being so helpful and generous with her time. She still looked at me slightly askew as if I was nuts...I then had an hour for security but that was the deal over that long holiday weekend.

I did have a similar unexplained check-in issue on a DUB turnaround some years back. On that occasion nobody was able or willing to help me (not the FC check-in, not the Concorde Room special services, not the LHR gate staff). I boarded the aircraft anyway and the incredibly helpful crew lead called ahead to DUB during the flight to meet me at the steps with the boarding pass! So these trips can be stressful for reasons that do not seem one's fault. I guess the moral of the story is keep asking someone to sort it out and it normally is fixed. These issues will not stop me doing them though!
I was in precisely the same situation as you a couple of weeks ago. My party of 3 were at the First Wing requiring boarding passes for AMS/LHR/CHI/SEA. We were simply given them in moments without pleading or phone calls or anything. Just told to have great flights. (We already held LHR/AMS passes from a separate reservation