FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International F service on AA
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:43 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
YMMV

I haver never been a big fan of BA, either on the ground or in the air.

It’s my money now that I’m retired. And if it makes me feel better NOT subjecting myself to rapacious redemption “Fuel Surcharges “, totally work to rule ground staff, LHR, mostly indifferent flight crew, and more costly airfares on competitive routes, I will. And I do.

It makes me feel good NOT to be on BA (or AA)..

As I said-YMMV. Fly safely.
YMMV

I've had to look that up. Now you and I know that the real reason is that I no longer fly for them.

Retirement has caught me too - that and the fact that the Travelling Public presents challenges of behaviour and manners (or lack of ) that I no longer wish to confront.

LOL, really? The place is a dump.
BlooJoo my Love - I cannot defend the place as I have not set foot in it for 10 years as I get to go in the FLounge (as we call it)/ What I will say is that Lounge Access is for anyone who is on a Business Class Fare. That is not what happens in the US - Buying a Business Class ticket from say Dallas to Austin would not automatically get one Lounge Access. So usually the place is heaving - however one thing I would add is that there is no queuing to get in (CLT comes to mind). Everyone in there is entitled to help themselves to food and whatever they want to drink - Champagne is on request but it is available. That may have changed and it may be open to all.

Still it is International F that we are discussing - I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the J flights to and fro ORD. I had deliberately not flown them after a dreadful LAX - LHR. I do not mean to be rude but whether it was the fact that it was a LAX based crew (as opposed to the ORD crew the other day) , I honestly thought that some of them should have stopped flying long ago. They were sweet, but they forgot anything between our seats and the galley. I have no idea if AA are cheaper than others - and certainly since Covid BA is not what it used to be (which airline is?) . This I will say, were the Upgrade fairy to wave her want and I was put into F - I would not complain.