FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1h30 min connection in LAX. One itinerary. Should I travel with hand-baggage only?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:10 am
OGG flyer

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by Daventry
Hi everyone,

Apologies for bumping this thread up but my SEA-HNL leg has been cancelled.

MMB returns an error when I try to see my rebooking options but as far as I can see on Google Flights I could take an earlier flight from SEA that would leave me with a 1h 45 min stopover instead of 3 hours.

The other option is to ask to be rerouted via LAX with a 2h 20 min stopover (I think this flight wasn’t originally available or maybe it was too expensive and didn’t make this deal worth it).

So the question is… is 2h 20 min doable in LAX and will BA reroute me through LAX or do I have to stick with my original SEA routing?

Thanks in advance.
It depends on your appetite for risk but personally I would not do it. I once had a 3.5h connection and we barely made it because of immigration lines. Last few times were OK but a small departure delay may decrease your window substantially. Now when I fly to Hawaii via LAX I try minimum 4h or usually stay overnight and take flight following morning.