FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Flight EWR-LHR
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:18 am
ani90

Programs: *
Originally Posted by VRFast
I have no stats on CX flights at EWR, but my money for the flight least likely to be CX would be the 8:30am flight (UA934).
Agree. Likely the safest bet. Evening flights are more interchangeable.

How about the latest flight at 11pm?
Only problem with this option is if delayed or if you meet mega immigration lines then may lose option of using arrivals lounge. Severe delays and mega immigration lines have been increasingly frequent, though sporadic and unpredictable, on this route in last month.
Someone hopefully will chime in and share their experiences.
In last month or two have seen both 20.20 and 21.00 cancelled on different occasions- probably logical to pick one of the two as departure time quite close. I think though it's luck of draw and first or last flight of evening may be safer. Note though that I have also seen cancelled flight and subsequent flight replaced with 777-300 so may ultimately get to accommodate most displaced customers.

Originally Posted by MarkP24
As we're a party of 4, it'll be difficult to get rebooked in J if my flight gets canceled during a very busy summer.
The other thing to consider is possibility of equipment downgrade. In last month I have been affected by last minute downgrade to low J 763 forcing multiple downgraded J passengers plus loss of entire PY cabin...