FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:45 pm
danger

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by megaloman
Firstly, I'd like to get a notification that my ticket was cancelled, so I can request a refund within 7 days (as per EC261/2004 regulation) and apply for chargeback, if they don't refund me within 2-3 weeks max (can't apply for chargeback without any proof of cancellation)...
Can you provide more detail on the 7-day refund rule?

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Full Stop, maybe yourself after trying to deal with them! What is the administrator fee, $30 or so! I think they’ll send some information back to the credit card company with the terms and conditions and your toast
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The problem with that is that at least theoretically, the OTA is in the right here. The processing fees is what you agreed to when you made the booking, regardless of whether you OR the airline cancel the ticket. It's the one big reason I never book through OTA's with deals like this.
As another member posted upthread, the booking.com T&Cs links made no mention of the specific fee, unlike the gotogate.com standard T&Cs which do.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I love that certain FTers think that a phone call to the airline is going to alert them to a potential error fare. Shock horror - it isn't. Those staff members more than likely have no idea whatsoever how much your ticket cost, let alone what it should.

The sudden increase in bookings and activity on a specific routing is what will alert them. Their IT, Ticketing, and RevMan departments will be working on the issue and fully aware of it.

Whether they choose to honour the tickets or not, and when they opt to alert customers, is down to Management and won't come from a customer support.

It's telling FTers what to do, that puts so many people off the site - and it's why many post once or twice and never return.

M
I believe you posted the same thing earlier, also. For an airline that apparently has a notorious reputation for poor IT, I'd surprised if it had an effective revenue management team.