FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:34 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jix
Yeah that's what I tried at first with agent, but they can't seem to piece together in a single award. When the flights are found the system treats as multi city because of the specific segment I asked.

From what I can tell with 2 hours with agent, a one way ticket with stopover must be constructed as origin+stopover+destination without specifying any connection cities and the resulting flights they agents can choose are going to be identical with flights on ac.com when searching for one way origin>stopover and stopover>destination. Whatever online result shows up are going to be the same as phone agent. Those 2x or 3x connections with long overnight connections found on united.com will not be available since agent can't see them and manually forcing it will just result in multiple awards, even if AC/partner flights have I or X class for all segments.

I gave up on AC redemption after this, will use points for very direct last minute flights only.
I've booked tickets in the new Aeroplan program by just listing individual flights and having the agent put it together that way. I did have to get a second, better agent to do it, but it's definitely possible.