FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:23 am
atflyer

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by siw
I've recently booked on the flight LHR-AMS-BKK at klm.com (economy class with 1 checked-in bag but I have Flying Blue Platinum status) for travel on Friday 8th July. I have a 1 hour 10 minute connection ime in AMS with the LHR-AMS on KLM Cityhopper (that has always been a bus from aircraft to terminal rather than a jetway for me). This is my first trip since the start of the pandemic and back than I would not be concerned about the connection time. If I recall correctly, in the past it was a simple walk from the arrival gate (or bus drop off location) to the next gate withut any further passport/security checks as all outside the schengen area, but are things much slower now e.g. not enough staff to drive the airside buses? My return is via CDG also with a 1 hr 10 min connection but I am not seeing reports that CDG is having these problems like AMS and LHR.

Now seeing this thread about the AMS staffing issues (which I have seen for LHR in the news here) and getting slightly concerned about the connection time - should I be concerned?
Both your flights are non-Schengen. If you arrive at an airbridge you are in the airport area where you will depart too (although D-gates arrival to say G departure takes 15 min walking or so). A bus will drop you off in non-Schengen too. You will not need to pass security nor immigration and I cannot see a lot of risk here. Only if KLM starts to cancel your LON-AMS feeder flight (I had one cancellation where they booked me on next flight to Paris, which did not allow me to make my connecting flight in Paris...so bad quality of KLM, and the travel agent of my business had to fix it).