FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Pilots Write Open Letter to Customers re RecordTravel Demand
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:44 am
readywhenyouare
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
I agree with the pilots' union. This is all at the feet of the airlines. They did too many buyouts and cut too far back during the pandemic (and took the welfare payments from the US government) and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Like others posting here, I believe demand will continue to cool down and the airlines will have to re-evaluate their ridiculous prices.
They seem to be complaining just for the sake of complaining. No one is forcing them to work overtime. And they are paid very handsomely for the overtime as well should they choose to take it. And if they don't want to deal with all of it? Well, they can quit. In my opinion, airline pilots in general have little self awareness. They want to be considered professionals but frequently engage in low brow behavior like picketing, strikes, and petty bickering. Something usually reserved for manual laborers. Not something you see other professionals who earn ~half a million/year doing. In my opinion the last thing on the flying public's mind are the pilots. They have the least amount of interaction with passengers and have little weight on customer satisfaction.