FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:36 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Sykes
Pretty much any possibility you can think of. On past error fares I've seen each of the following:

1) Those that had started trips before the tickets were canceled would have been allowed to complete travel as originally ticketed. (This seems to be the most common and there is definitely a contingent of people that book for departure ASAP intentionally because of it.)
2) Those people would still be unable to check-in at the airport despite theoretically having a valid ticket and reservation.
3) Those tickets would be canceled mid-trip even if they successfully flew the first segment. I recall a SWISS fare a few years back where people successfully flew the first segment but once they reached ZRH they were given the option of a full refund or to continue their journey in Economy.
It all depends....
I know a FTer who got in on the 4-mile HKG deal back in 2012 and flew it in F from HKG to NYC.
I flew many RGNs and got stopped by LX in 2013, we made it to one of the highest courts in Canada, sadly didn't win that one.
In 2014 I was part of the Qatar SGN-PNH party (small claims allowed me to fly it), never underestimate the legal channels...
BA FRA-KUL in 2016, most got cancelled but I survived which was a nice way to try the 380s/789 in F...

I mostly post these days with a lil JFKEZE Jr making it hard to jump on these fares, as an old timer if you can sue, SUE!

The cost is under 40 bucks and worth it, especially if in NYC where most airlines have an office where they can be served...
Just my two cents as someone who's been there , sued that hahaha 🤣😂