FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering updates 2021
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:50 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by p106_peppy
YYC-AMS business class May 27

antipasto starter. 8/10
beef "short rib" with cheesy potatoes, carrots, and baked apples. 7/10.

As someone who recently attempted braised short rib at home, I'm pretty sure the meat wasn't actually short rib, but some sort of round roast cut to short rib size. It was quite lean and the texture was harder than shortrib. Not bad, but not good either. Just meat in meat sauce. Potatoes were great though. Carrots and apples were not bland, but were quite plain, I added the last of the dutch butter to the carrots and it improved them.

5/10 Desserts were meh. Two of the three things were chocolate, which I don't really care for. The green thing was not memorable in any way. It's green but did not taste like either pistachio or matcha, so who knows what it's supposed to be. The thing in the middle was very hard and dry, more like a stale bread than a stale cake in texture.

Note that even though the catering appears to have been loaded in Canada, that the butter is still Dutch (which only sometimes happens). KLM's food choices are notoriously mediocre, but the butter and cheese are always better flying out of AMS than on the return leg, but usually everything else is better coming the other way.
Are these supposed to be the catering from the 3 Michelin Star Librije restaurant? If yes, very very underwhelming and in fact - quite a negative impression to the place/cook.

Cheers!