FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:33 am
SourSweetTea

Originally Posted by davem4
rule 1: Never call
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You CALLED the customer service? NEVER CALL the airline while the deal is still alive.
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Why would you call the airline? There is always one person who doesn't think.
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
I think the deal is dead. All fares are plus $1k Thank you to whoever called the airline. Eyeroll.
Originally Posted by ermis177
probably cause someone was smart enough to call the airline as they didn’t want to sit close to the toilets
Originally Posted by ezak
And as far as we know, that smart person is still sitting next to the toilets.
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Too bad I didn't see this before the guy sitting next to the toilet showed up...
Originally Posted by danger
You're calling?
Originally Posted by bimbonello
Serious question, can someone enlighten me why people are so obsessed with calling and trying to select seats minutes after booking? Can it not wait a few hours or days? Am I missing something that if you don't choose a seat immediately you'll have to stand? Genuine question!
Originally Posted by largeeyes
A combination of idiocy and trolling.
Originally Posted by newflyer530
i guess we will never see more posts from this person anymore in this thread. There’s always one (or few) of those idxxts in every fare sale that poops the party. What can you do…
Originally Posted by mylabel
Can't wait for the next 'don't wanna sit near toilet' guy.
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Agreed, the airline typically still takes awhile to fix after deals land in this forum. It's only when it shows up on say, TPG that it's gone within an hour
It's always easier to attribute blame to a few like callers or bloggers. Instead of the ancient obselete myth that callers get fare corrected, people buying specific routes en masse in a short time will require trigger airlines' systems and require manual intervention. One of them I published even wasn't a spectacular deal with 5k views like other typical deals. Without foul job and blogs forwarding, it goes out in less than a day by pulling the fare basis.

And oh boy I do love the fact that one had to call airline to switch away from a toilet seat.

Last edited by SourSweetTea; Jun 16, 2022 at 10:43 am