FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:42 am
coke cans and winglets

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
I’ve had more IRROPS this year than I have in the past 5+ combined but most of them were out of Delta’s control and I just got really unlucky with weather. The two I’ve had that were in their control was a maintenance delay requiring changing planes but they handled that situation well in my opinion and kept everyone well informed the whole time which made a huge difference in my eyes. The other one was due to pilots coming in on a delayed flight causing a 3.5hr delay and making me rebook on AA, that one I was not too pleased with.

I’ve had a bunch of IRROPS this week too. My JAX-JFK Sunday night was delayed an hour and some change due to weather. LGA-JAX Tuesday morning, we pushed on time then sat in line for takeoff for 55 minutes and had to get a new flight plan to avoid weather which ultimately put us into JAX 20 minutes late. Now I was supposed to fly JAX-LGA-YYZ today and I woke up to see JAX-LGA is delayed an hour and a half causing a misconnect due to thunderstorms in NYC. As I’m looking at alternates none of them are good then I see LGA-YYZ just got canceled. Called Delta and they managed to get me on WestJet from LGA-YYZ tonight so fingers crossed…

The grass is definitely not greener on the other side and especially so for me when most of my issues have been out of Delta’s control and I’ve just had really bad timing unfortunately.