FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No drinks run before dinner in CE these days?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:55 am
pythonisman

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by wb1969
If all cabin crew go through the same training school, and presumably have to meet a certain standard in order to graduate, why does the level of service vary so wildly from one flight/route to another?

If pilots have to go back to school once in a while to ensure they are up to standard, does the same not apply to cabin crew?
I think it's fair to say everything you would expect to happen does happen (including assessments from managers and peers on flights etc). You do currently have three fleets (Worldwide, Eurofleet and Mixed Fleet) which are now one, which (I believe?) had several subtle differences in their standards, training and duties on board.

The other big contributing factor is global labour shortages (particularly in the airline industry) coupled with two years of being treated pretty badly, so this is probably the perfect storm of factors which is likely going to take some time to right itself.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy if my flight leaves/arrives reasonably close to schedule and plans aren't thrown into disarray.