FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OTA booking has produced "overlapping" bookings under the same ticket
Old Jun 15, 22, 10:30 pm
bobbytables

OTA booking has produced "overlapping" bookings under the same ticket

I have a booking with an OTA. The ticket has two booking references despite being the same ticket number all the way through. The ticket is on NZ ticket stock (086-).

Today I was using the booking references with the relevant airline websites to select seats, and I noticed something strange:

The overall itinerary is A - B - C - D.

The first booking reference, which I am able to manage via NZ's website, contains A - B - C (all operated by NZ), all ticketed and confirmed. No problem there.

The second booking reference, which NZ's website rejects but which works on SQ's website, overlaps it, containing B - C (operated by NZ) and C - D (operated by SQ), with only C - D ticketed and confirmed. B - C shows as "Reserved" and "Not yet ticketed".

Is this a normal situation? Is there any risk of showing up at C to find that C - D has been canceled because B - C (on that booking reference) was never ticketed/flown, even though it was ticketed and flown on a different booking reference?

Last edited by bobbytables; Jun 15, 22 at 11:21 pm