FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:41 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Currently sitting in the EWR Polaris lounge and it’s been a real challenge to be positive tonight - I arrived at 4pm - put my name on the list for the restaurant and was seated at 5pm - multiple tables left lounge after not getting any food before their flight - and our food took an hour for a burger and salad - we tried the buffet but most food was empty while then”staff” huddled in the corners on their phones - I realize that finding good people is hard - but this was pathetic even for UA - they aren’t even trying any more!

When I entered I asked why I needed to show my passport after just clearing security and a green light-as a GS - she told me it was to make sure I didn’t lose my passport in the 100 feet from security - what a joke lol….

The other major post Covid change - bar staff are actively soliciting tips - big ones too - it’s sad…. I watched a bartender take a $20 form a woman who expected change for her two drinks - he grabbed the $20 and walked away….