FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High fare difference charged when uncomfortable with connection time
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:51 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Starbase 1K
Also, for the future, United sells “departure/connection/arrival” services branded as “Signature Service”. Similar to AA’s Five Star service, United’s connection service would assign you a team to manage your flights, grab you and transport you to your next gate, etc. Helpful for those that need extra dedicated help at the airport but that don’t want to rely on the airport’s special needs services.
Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

UA link

Available at 20+ major airports -- including all UA hubs (such as EWR except DEN) and TLV, and a number of international airports
A United Signature Service concierge will be there to help throughout your time at the airport. Your concierge will monitor your flight, guide you to or from your gate, assist with check-in and arrange any travel changes or airport accommodations that you might need. If you want to relax before your flight, you will have access to one of our United Club℠ locations. We can also arrange for special services such as language assistance, if requested in advance.
But UA is still obligated to provide wheelchair service -- IME, it is best to booked extra long connection times (my responsibility to book) if needing wheelchair services -- delays are common as they are staff for normal needs but if an unusually high number of requests occur those can fall behind.

Originally Posted by Kumar2013
.... As luck would have it the 519 flight that particular day landed a few minutes early, even so the 945 to Chile was full and everyone's documents were being double checked manually at the gate so by arriving on the original flight I would have been setting myself up for a world of pain.
No there would have been no problems if you are at the gate waiting document check, the plane will be held.