FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (access now with Priority Pass).
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:00 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omxfl
I can confirm that the JFK Clubhouse still lets Amex Plat cardholders enter. My card was put into a card reader (I guess to check that it's still valid) and both our boarding passes were scanned. I came with one guest on our way back to IND, entered around 6 pm and it was pretty full, maybe 2-3 tables were still empty.
The orders from the online menu were served promptly - drinks within 5 minutes, foods within 10. The cosmo was too sour, but someone else here mentioned that the cocktails were a little off.

On the (long) way to B43 I noticed the queue outside the SkyClub. I didn't check the Centurion lounge as I've been there in Dec - the Clubhouse is the best choice of all three.
I was there in late May slightly earlier in the evening than you. The lounge was moderately busy but quieted down a bit after the 6pm VS flight started boarding (a bit late). But no issue finding a seat or table. I only had a few items to eat from the menu, but it seemed as if quality was not as good as in the past. Compared to Centurion, there's definitely more variety to eat at the Clubhouse, but I think quality is a little better (based on this one experience to be fair) at Centurion. You can get Champagne at the clubhouse (Lanson IIRC, so not really even very good, lol). Front desk agents were being pretty strict about a "3 hours before flight departure" rule, although it wasn't clear if the pax they denied for being too early was VS UC or just Amex Plat, though he did say he was going to go to the Centurion Lounge (where he'd similarly be turned away...).

And FWIW, my DL flight was departing T2, it's not really that long of a trip to get there. Probably a similar amount of time to get to the far end of the T4B concourse, but with less walking.
I had no issue checking a bag at T4 for a T2 departure.