FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:40 am
orlandodlplat

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Not sure how one anecdote gets translated into an overall conclusive theory.

Hard to believe things are worse than Memorial Day weekend. Also, other airlines are reporting similar challenges, including those based in other countries.
I have long been a fan of DL. I do not believe the grass is greener elsewhere, particularly as a DM/2MM.

That said, the service I’ve experienced over the past year has been maddeningly poor. I’ve had more IROP situations in a year than I have in the past 20 combined. New staffing on the phone does pick up quickly now, but they are so poorly trained that nearly every call requires the assistance of Global Ticketing Support.

And - on a much more minor note - why don’t we have fresh milk or limes back on domestic flights?

No, I’m not leaving to go elsewhere. Yes, many of these issues are popping up at every airline. But you can’t look at this objectively and not conclude that Delta’s once vaunted service is dramatically diminished in every way. It’s been pretty sad to see.

Last edited by orlandodlplat; Jun 15, 2022 at 3:46 am