FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swaps from True Polaris to 772HD
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:15 pm
HaleiwaFlyer
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

I select seat 1A on a 753. UA swaps for a 737 and I’m still in 1A. Disappointed? Sure am, but UA has not “downgraded” me. My hopes were “downgraded”, though. I’ll roll with it. It is what it is - can’t complain about UA delivering less than they promised. UA didn’t promise a big footwell and UA doesn't promise a Polaris hard prodiuct seat. Show me where UA does.
I agree with you that there is no promises and that isn’t the argument here. The seat selection menu have distinct seat icons, why else would United put distinct seat icons unless United themselves want to showcase a difference in their own hard product??? Otherwise, every icon would just be a recliner seat. Because a business class ticket is the same right??

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is what the OP did post

OP original posted believing it was a recliner, which we all seem to agree to be a valid complaint if true.
Once the OP learned of the actual situation, the concerned changed.

And as many have posted, the older equipment has some advantages / preference for the non-single flyer.
The OP posted the following too:" I wouldn't otherwise fly SFO-EWR, but am expecting to confirm based on previous experience with it, that JetBlue Mint provides superior service and product for SFO-JFK.(and honestly, have not encountered this level of shenanigans for SFO-JFK even with AA)"

The experience for the OP left a negative UA consumer experience, and doubtful he will choose UA again after this experience (maybe the OP can clarify?). His original post indicated he was willing to give UA another shot after a prior bad experience.

My point is that we tend to skew our perspectives as frequent fliers that we let a lot of things slide and brush them off during operational issues. Most consumers don't view it that way, and we tend to give the benefit of the doubt to airlines because for most of us, flying is a passion/enjoyment and understand the minutia of airlines. But how much leeway should we give as consumers?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 14, 2022 at 9:48 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member