FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:56 am
tracks1000

I flew BCN-EWR on June 13th and overall was pretty impressed by the service vs. Polaris flights I'd taken in the last few months (DEN-MUC, EWR-FRA, GIG-IAH). Purser did personal introductions to all 38 passengers, FAs very attentive/warm and clearly happy to be there. PDB offered (seconds if a passenger finished theirs too early). Meal choices taken (presumably) based on status (and for the first time I wasn't asked what my second choice would be, so presumably there aren't too many status flyers on this route - possibly because J is filled with many going on cruises). The options were short rib, chicken, halibut & vegetarian. I chose the chicken.

The meal service started with beverage service (generous pour) and hot nuts. Then the meal came out all on one tray.
The raisin/grape/nut salad was sizable, quite tasty. The chicken wasn't bad (slightly bland though the texture was fine) and a generous size. Warm bread rolls offered twice. Desert was cheese plate, some kind of raspberry cake, and a third option which sounded elaborate but ended up only being chocolate ice cream. FA came around to top up champagne several times.

In the galley mid-flight they had some potato chips and a couple of little bowls of nuts left. There may have been more in the top galley (on a 764 there's no reason to go up there as the lavatories are behind the J cabin).

Maybe my expectations are low nowadays, but I was pleasantly surprised by the experience overall. Much better than my previous few Polaris flights (in Feb, March and May).

Initial beverage service

Chicen option. Breadrolls also offered

Sounded elaborate, turned out to just be chocolate ice cream

Pre-arrival snack - pizza.