FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:59 am
mlin32

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
In AMS? Security is doable with SP. Not great not terrible.

I would be apprehensive about going out and about. Getting into the terminal building is a problem in itself in particular from car dropoffs. Trains are mostly running, but you never know when there might be a strategic delay and a missed train just at the worst time.

5h are not that long. You're probably better off buying them lounge vouchers (if they don't have their own access) and a book.
Sounds reasonable. They should have lounge access as it was an award ticket that I purchased so they have my benefits.

Too bad AMS has fallen into this. Back in February I'd routed them via AMS as I'd expected it to be the normal model of efficacité and anticipated swarms of American tourists via CDG that would clog the latter up. When the corresponding intra-EU flight got cancelled in early April, the next flight open was 2h later hence the now 5h layover.

Personally if I was travelling I could leave the terminal (I've gone into Paris from Roissy, and back par RER, in 6h), but for first timers, probably not worth the stress.