FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:57 pm
asian_crossfitter

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
post here if the prices changed! have been thinking of booking for feb next year!

Originally Posted by sinus
Just completed the trip
- as I expected, Air France and KLM service/seats/crew/food/lounges very classy, Aeromexico pretty average
- AF online check-in offered upgrade to La Premiere on AF flight CDG-MEX for 2120€ (of course did not take advantage of it)
- boarding passes were not issued online, had to visit counter in BCN for the vaccination check, check-in was smooth
- MEX airport messy as always, terminal change takes quite a while (airtrain). Masks obligatory on a flight to GRU, crew was very annoying with reminding if someone took it off. Luckily during sleep they didn't bother. On the AF/KL flights masks were not necessary.
- for the flights out of GRU, on-line checkin was possible, however they had to reprint the bp at the gate. I flew on the 31st May and this was the first day of the GOL lounge re-open, which is pretty decent. Access both for AM business class and Priority Pass.
- MEX T1 lounge for AF/KL is really good, food a'la carte and attentive staff, however it's 15min walk from the gates where CDG/AMS flights depart. Pretty crazy.
- KLM flight from MEX to AMS was delayed more than 3h hence lost a connection to BCN and they have put me on a later flight. Arrived more than 4h later so I claimed for the 600 EUR compensation (chances are low, the reason of delay was the wind forecast change so the plane was too heavy and they had to unload the cargo before take off).
- miles for the AM segments did not post at all, will be calling Delta to retro-claim (Edit: miles for the GRU-MEX segment showed after 2 days, MEX-GRU still not)
- might do the trip again if it gets a bit cheaper. I have paid approx 950€ using Scandinavian OTA, now the price is 1100€. Also, was pretty sure the I class will give 200% MQMs but it's only 150% in Delta - my fault didn't check it carefully. So will need to wait a bit longer for my Diamond status.