FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels to acquire Radisson Hotels Americas.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:27 am
centrifuge41

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Interesting.

For those of us with a decent stash of Radisson America Rewards, this is probably bad news:

My guess: you can eventually choose to convert your points to Radisson Worldwide, or convert to Choice Privileges. Most likely, 2 Radisson points will become 1 Choice Privilege point.
The Cat1 Country Inns cost 15k points. The cheapest Choice properties cost 8k points.
The most expensive Radisson Americas properties cost 75k points. The most expensive Choice properties cost 35k points.

I would disfavor this conversion ratio: I think Radisson points are worth 0.3 cents, and there are routine opportunities to buy at 0.35c during a sale.
While some bloggers calculate Choice Privileges points to be worth 0.6-0.7c, I wouldn't value them higher than 0.5 due to the ability to convert Citi TYP to Choice 1:2 (when you have a Citi Premier).
When Choice Privileges points go on sale, usually it's around 0.7 cents/point.

Also, you need one activity per 18 months with Choice, while it's one per 24 months with Radisson. And you can only book awards 100 days out with Choice.