FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skyteam - Round the World
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:18 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by eljakim
Does anybody have any decent ideas on how I can reasonably book the following itinerary for July/August in business class?
AMS -> [HIB] -> BNE -> [CBR] -> [JOG] -> MPL -> AMS
Any decent travel agent can book this for you. Direct them to http://www.skyteam.com/en/business-s...-world-planner

You may have to rely on adding some additional sectors of your own to hit some of those workplaces. There is no Skyteam service to Canberra, as the most obvious example; but you can clearly and easily find your own separate ticket to get to/from there. Qantas flights even earn XPs on Flying Blue now; alternatively you may even be able to book a BNE-CBR-BNE/SYD/MEL/wherever your exit point from AU is on your RTW ticket, using FB miles.

JOG may also be problematic as it would probably require a certain amount of backtracking to DPS/CGK here, again, I might suggest that organising a separate ticket to do JOG as a sidetrip from your RTW ticket may be advisable/required.

The same may apply to HIB. But here again you could easily add a sidetrip to/from MSP

MPL looks like it may be problematic, too. It either requires you to connect via AMS (which you cannot do, as you cannot travel west beyond your origin once you gave returned from the East) or via PAR (which again moves you beyond your origin again).

An RTW doesn't give you carte blanche on the points you can visit; there are restrictions on the number of times you can connect from the same airport (particularly when it is the origin and destination) and the direction of travel; AMS-CDG-MPL-CDG-MSP would probably the only way to include it in your suggested routing, I.e. at the start, not at the end

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 13, 2022 at 6:38 am