FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:33 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
39. (1973) Never one to take a simple online connection, you’ve found a great way to fly from Dallas to Vancouver, BC. It involves three nonstop flights on three different airlines with each flight operated by the same model of four engine jetliner. Can you provide all of the usual details?

Well, Monty, three times pays for all with regard to my wild guesses..... So let's depart on Delta from Dallas to Los Angeles. We'll then connect to TWA from Los Angeles to San Francisco. And our third flight from San Francisco to Vancouver will be operated by Qantas via fifth freedom route authority (I recall that SFO - YVR was a tag route for QF at one point). And the equipment? Let's go with that grand old queen of the skies: the mighty Boeing 747.

Everything about your above supposition is correct with the exception of Delta and the 747. Should be tap-in time now...

Speaking of CP Air and its predecessor Canadian Pacific, I just completed a bit of research after the fact. It appears Canadian Pacific had begun serving San Francisco by early 1967 with nonstop DC8 service to Vancouver....

https://www.timetableimages.com/ttim...u/cp67eu-6.jpg

Thanks for the sleuthing work, Detective Lemon!