FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book the cook 2020 onward
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:28 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kat1919

BTC out of SIN. Warm waffle with strawberry coulis, fresh berries and mascarpone cheese. I have seen mixed reviews on this dish from this forum, but I enjoyed it. What was interesting was both myself and my husband both ordered this dish and his was presented so differently than mine! Mine is in the photo, his had the mascarpone cheese in a ramekin on the side. The mascarpone is what made this dish so lovely to me. I would order this again for a breakfast flight.
thanks for posting. Timely for me.

we’re flying SIN-MAA on Thurs., and selected the waffle dish for my daughters (7 and 4). They would probably be happy enough with the Indian veg option from the menu, but we’re gonna be in India for 2.5 weeks pretty much eating those kind of dishes anyway, and this will be a treat for them, and kind of fun to do breakfast for dinner (we don’t normally fly business, and this is a bit of a surprise for them too to be in the fancy lie-flats not too long after flying a fairly long TPAC routing in Y). Does look like a heavy proportion of mascarpone to waffle though, but I’m sure they’ll love it.

anyone tried the buckwheat and pumpkin pancakes, and have opinions on that? I try to eat on the healthier side, which I suspect this is, but i went with falafel burger instead. Was also considering ordering one of these for kids, and having them split that and the waffle, so they could have something a little more savory and a little more sweet.

Last edited by emcampbe; Jun 12, 2022 at 3:22 pm