FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:34 am
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+
I do feel a bit bad for OP after so many pages ridiculing what they wanted to do and no viable solution. So here is my pop. As has rightly been said several times, simply paralleling a few aircraft power outlets together is not going to work. They will not current share and will most likely harmlessly trip. Now these sockets are intended for laptops. Laptop power supplies come in various power ratings. My laptop has a 150W power supply and that sometimes trips the socket. I have another older one that is a 65W type and that was never a problem. One of the things with laptop power supplies is that they are isolated for safety. That works to OP's advantage as it means the outputs can be connected in series. A laptop PSU typically provides around 19V. Now six of them could provide 114V at DC and with 65W types a total of 390W.

Now enter the Dash DMW001H mini waffle maker. 120V/350W of waffle magic and just $12.64 at Amazon.

This machine is a heater only so it will run quite happily from the 114V DC supply. This little device weighs in at less than 1kg. I don't see that security would have much to complain about if OP has one of these, 6 laptop PSU's and a bit of terminal strip in their carry on. Even adding 5kg of powdered waffle mix should be OK if it does not look too white. OP could of course stuff a hot dog into it, but I would stick with the waffles. If BA's catering is to its usual level OP should be able to sell enough waffles to cover the cost of the kit and make a dent in the J/F ticket.

I guess the crew may be a bit difficult over a rival catering operation. OTOH, even they may not be able to resist a fresh waffle and they could always get a percentage...