FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is WOH losing control to enforce hotels to make standard redemption rooms available?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:44 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by DealDetective
I'm embarrassed I suggested they were not playing fairly. IME, 2Q rooms are usually base level, so I was surprised I couldn't book an award other than suites. (BTW, not a bad redemption for Hospitality suites!) It did give me a good excuse to try PH Aviara.
Its human nature to expect the worst in others sadly and in the past few years we have seen more bad actors than in my entire lifetime.
Though our shared participation here we learn from one another and weed out the offenders.If others choose to support an offending property that is their right
Won't likely be me though.I too have been quick to judge at first glance.Its all about taking the time to do your due diligence and get the facts and comparisons

Appreciate everyone for sharing their experiences here in this thread and in this forum which helps all of us to decide who gets our business
be it Hyatt or other competitor.If Hyatt has indeed lost control of select properties who wish to game Hyatt and its customers
Perhaps create an official black list of hotels for shaming as well as a Gold standard list of the those properties that rise above and beyond

For years I have networked privately with other seasoned global elite trusted travelers to learn of properties to avoid or book in every program worldwide.
I think we all wanted to treated fairly/reasonably with regard to booking awards/revenue
End experience & property cooperation matter too.Granted its never going to be a perfect world
But many times the stars do align