FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:33 am
work2fly

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Total cluster at MIA last night due to weather. Our flight to SFO pushed back on time only to hold on the tarmac so long that our captain timed out. Three hours after boarding, we were dumped back into the terminal and the flight was cancelled.

A great agent in the FL booked us on the next flight to DFW, with a next day flight to SFO. The inbound plane arrived but there was no ramp crew available, so it sat short of the gate for 90+ minutes, and was finally cancelled 2 hours after scheduled departure.

Same agent in the FL rebooked us on the next available flight to SFO with availability for the four of us, on Saturday morning, three days after our original flight. Ugh!

Got a cheap airport hotel on our own dime, and after some rest, I called the AA general reservations number to see if anything better opened up. Unbeknownst to me until now, my AY Plat status gets my calls routed to the EXP desk, and an agent answered within 1 minute. What an AAngel, we're now scheduled to get home later today, with MCE aisle seats for all.

Many, many flights from MIA were cancelled last night, and there were some extremely intoxicated and rude folks in the FL giving the rebooking agents a very hard time. Not a pretty sight.