FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How are "lifetime miles" calculated for MileagePlus?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:20 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by stefang
The way I earn lifetime miles with United is a bit intransparent. In particular, I have two questions:

1. Is there anywhere I can see how many lifetime miles I earned for a specific flight?

2. Is it true that I won't earn lifetime miles on Star Alliance flights, only on United or United-Express operated flights?
1. Gcmap is a good suggestion that will get you to very close to the exact number for each flight (except: those under 500 miles if you are a Premier member). Another way would be to write down your current posted lifetime number from your UA account, after the posting of your next flight, write down the updated number, the difference will be the number earned for the particular flight. Repeat.

2. Only United and United Express flights. Also, award flights, even on United/United Express would not earn anything.