FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Airlines (ADD layover)
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:57 am
B747-437B

Originally Posted by BAM_INZM
I've got an overnight layover in Addis (first time, though flown on ET multiple times over the years) on my way to LHR from LUN, as its the only flight on that day. Would anyone happen to know which hotel they put up Economy passengers?
There are over two dozen hotels that Ethiopian uses for Economy passengers, so it really is a crap shoot as to which one you are assigned. The daily blocks are only allocated every morning so it varies from day to day depending on occupancy. The hotel quality ranges from extremely nice to extremely dire.

Personally, I wait to see which hotel I am assigned (you can check this in the "Feel Addis" tab of the mobile app after completing OLCI) and if it something I do not like, I book my own hotel somewhere near Bole. The Best Western Pearl and the Ramada are usually available for between $60-100 and both are excellent for a quick overnight stay. I then use the Ethiopian voucher for the transit visa, but pick up the other hotel shuttle in the parking lot. Never been an issue.