FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Compensation Definitive Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:34 am
ThompsonBr

ETA it has now been >48 hours since they delivered the wrong suitcase and have not responded to multiple inquiries.

Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
Add me in on the baggage discussion.
Previous time checking bag was on a reward trip with my family when two of my 4 bags missed the connection in ATL. Was not informed, and had to look it up after all bags were delivered to baggage claim. I requested delivery to the hotel and was told that it would not be possible so I would have to return two hours later, nearly midnight to retrieve the bags on the next flight. I wrote up a nicely stated complaint and beyond the robo response, I received no acknowledgement. It's been 10 weeks.
Most recently flying back on Delta 1 with a 3+ hour layover in ATL, one of my 2 bags did not make the connection, at least I was alerted upon arrival. They offered to deliver it to my house overnight and drop it on the front porch. Sure enough a bag was on the front porch, just not mine. Its been over 24 hours and they have not responded to my multiple inquiries. I have since been in contact with the bag owner, who had my bag and we were able to meet and swap the bags.
Compensation be damned, I would at this point just appreciate acknowledgement. at least have the common courtesy to tell me to jump in a lake.