FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWC ends at midnight tonight (7-JUN)
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:12 pm
Bullswood

I appreciate BA wishing to draw a line under this but the timing is unfortunate with ongoing cancellations and talk of a strike in mid July, before the September flight deadline for BWC flights.

Thanks to the OP for the tip-off. I've just beaten the BWC removal to cover some post Jul 11th (the earliest strike date mentioned in another thread) UK/Oz and short haul bookings with earlier reward flights (fortunately I have a huge Avios pile). I was intending to cancel or FTV these and other chaos-prompted "back-ups" in good time for BA to re-sell, but frankly with the strike threat I'm now bereft of sympathy and inclined to hang on till I'm sure I won't need to change my dates. A pity really, but with BA in apparent turmoil and impossible to contact by phone during disruptions (and imagine how that will be compounded if a strike is called), the comparatively easy "Book a Plan B + Request FTV" strategy seems a reasonable contingency for potential BA service failures till the end of September.

Last edited by Bullswood; Jun 7, 2022 at 7:17 pm