FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Lounge Access - physical locations and rules (2022 onwards)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
Bobert59

Programs: AC 25K/Black Card
Originally Posted by trek604
Did you link your Aeroplan # with your Lufthansa booking?
Yes, I'm not sure how to check now since the itinerary is finished but it was linked when the ticket was purchased.

Originally Posted by zorn
Lounge agents are human, and we don't like to admit mistakes, so we add little excuses to save face.
Could definitely be this yeah, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was missing. Next time an excuse that doesn't cause me to question my comprehension skills would be appreciated though :P

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I was able to, travelling on AC a couple of weeks ago, guest a colleague travelling on UA the United Club at SFO T3 using my AP *G. The only condition the lounge gatekeepers gave was that my colleague had to leave when I did because he was my guest.
Good to hear it was probably just me then.

Originally Posted by yvr76
I'd write in on this - you probably won't get anything but it'll give them a chance for retraining. I had similar issues at the YVR transport MLL years ago every time I tried to guest a pax on another *Alliance flight than mine (agent insisted they had to be on the same flight). Wrote in a couple times, and then it never happened again.

(side note, I believe the official *Gold rules for partner lounges have changed that they have to be on the same flight, but AC still allows any *Alliance flight)
Will do, isn't a big deal but I'm assuming most people would probably just give up instead of going back with the terms and arguing with the agents for a bit. Would suck to miss out on the lounge because they didn't know the proper rules.