FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:50 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by lexdevil
It's been a couple of years since I traveled much and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed digging through old posts. I used to waitlist a lot, usually booking a less favorable route in I and then waitlisting for my preferred flight. It doesn't make sense that this would work under dynamic pricing, which is probably why the United website says:
Don't worry, agents don't think it makes sense either

The backend is capable of adding any number of waitlisted segments to your PNR, which will clear if inventory is available. This is completely decoupled from any form of pricing or collecting payment.

Success would involve convincing an agent to add such segment(s) to your reservation, using whatever logic necessary. So far, there is still only one price for I class (the "chart price"), ignoring close-in surcharges, so there could be some merit to the argument. But the nails are going into the waitlisting coffin, for obvious reasons.